People with oily skin accumulate oils in the outer layer of the skin, and because of this, their skin suffers from pimples, blackheads, skin irritation, and other problems, but for this type of skin, signs of aging and wrinkles appear less if we compare it to dry skin Or normal and this is its only advantage. The reason for having oily skin is due to genetic factors or the type of foods that a person eats, and stress and fatigue have a role in changing the skin to become oily skin. The pores in healthy skin are wide, and during the period of puberty and the menstrual cycle in women, the skin is affected and turns into an oily type, or during pregnancy or menopause, as happens when taking birth control pills.
Tips for oily skin:
- To remove dirt and reduce fat on the face, the face should be washed twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, using a gentle cleanser on the skin
- Use warm water when washing the face, because it dries the face and should irritate the skin, and therefore the face must be dried well after washing it, employing a soft towel.
- Stay away from soaps that contain harsh chemicals on the skin, which cause dehydration, because the aim of washing oily skin is to wash it and take away dead skin from the pores, which is why soap should be intended for greasy skin and not for other sorts of skin.
- It is preferable to use products that contain acid like peroxide or 2-hydroxybenzoic acid, as these products are intended for the treatment of acne, and have a task in improving oily skin also.
- Using a toner to get rid of the oil, and there are types specifically for greasy skin, and it’s better that they contain natural ingredients like tea, and therefore the toner is employed by placing it on a bit of cotton and wiping the oily areas of the skin, and after washing the face an oil-free moisturizing cream is employed.
- Using a medical blotter to wipe the face, its use is straightforward and takes 15-20 seconds to tug the oils from the face, and this paper usually contains 2-hydroxybenzoic acid or glycollic acid, which is straightforward to use on the go, and since its components are acid-based, it’s an excellent treatment for acne also.
- Use a mask to deeply cleanse the skin whenever needed, to cleanse the skin, and extract oils from the pores. the simplest materials for these masks are clay, honey, and shea butter, preferably once every week.
- The use of oil-free moisturizing creams. Some people that have oily skin don’t use moisturizing creams, or protective masks against the sun, because they believe that they increase fat within the skin, but oily skin needs moisturizing and protection from the sun, and there are creams specifically for these purposes.
- Avoid using cosmetics that contain oils. Make-up must be washed and far away from the skin daily before bed. Make-up remover for dry skin shouldn’t be used; Because it’s designed to moisturize it and contains oily substances that accumulate on the skin, causing clogged pores.
- Use some over-the-counter creams just in case you suffer from acne and therefore the skin type is oily. These creams contain peroxide, which kills bacteria that accumulate on the skin and cause acne, and also contains sulfur and 2-hydroxybenzoic acid, which removes oil from the pores.
Natural Treatments For Oily Skin
Egg whites contain a high percentage of vitamin A, which effectively fights skin defects, additionally maintaining oily skin and reducing fat in it. Egg whites are often used consistent with the subsequent method:
- Ingredients: one albumen. The juice of half a lemon.
- Method: Take albumen and blend it with juice, then spread it on the face and leave it for a quarter-hour. Wash the face with warm water. you’ll notice that the egg whites have tightened the skin and sucked up the oils.
Lemon juice may be a good source of acid, which is an astringent on the skin. It also has skin-resurfacing properties and balances the pH in it. It is often used as follows:
- Ingredients: a teaspoon of juice. Half a spoonful of water. plant disease.
- Method: Mix juice with water. Wipe the face with the answer employing a cotton swab, and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash the face with warm water. Repeat the tactic once daily.
- Ingredients: a tablespoon of juice. Half a tablespoon of honey. A tablespoon of milk.
- Method: Mix the ingredients to form a dough-like consistency. Apply the mask to the face and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Wash the face with cold water. Repeat the routine once daily.